Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Monkey Mind be quiet!

Oh how the monkey mind likes to chatter in your ear. Endless ravings and rantings or perhaps just a little nugget it plants in your thoughts and sends you into a tizzy. My monkey mind was after me this morning. Every thing I did my mind was there to tell me something about it. So I said the Nembutsu. Namo Amitabhaya and my mind shut up.

Is the purpose of the Nembutsu to make your mind quiet? No, not really. But it is a good side effect I think. It is meditative in its very essence, but most importantly it's there to tell you there is nothing you can do to enlighten or save yourself. All you need to do is say the Nembutsu and Amida will do the rest.

So when you monkey mind acts up, shut it up with the Nembutsu. And if the chatter still gets through, don't sweat it, because they are just thoughts and mean nothing at all. No different then drunken babble. Say the Nembutsu and relax in the vow of Amida.


No comments:

Post a Comment