Monday, December 28, 2015

I'm back after another circle of unenlightnement...

Once again I am shown how I am a fool and unenlightened. For the last month or so I was once again caught up in the idea that I found a path that would lead to all my desires being filled and eventually to be enlightened in this life. I stopped saying the Nembutsu even though I liked saying it. It's like I knew if I kept saying it I would not forget that this path was just like all the others I posted about. I didn't listen and I did forget and chased another white rabbit around for a month.

I won't lie, the experience was interesting but it all of a sudden hit me one day it's a path I have been down before. Oh how foolish I am to forget to say the Nembutsu and remember the vow of Amida where I can be a buddha after I die in his Pureland.

So yesterday I started saying the Nembutsu again and I think that is good. There is no magic rushing of 'extascy' at saying this phrase again. No magic or supernatural feeling. Just the knowledge that I am back on a path to eventual enlightenment in the Pureland. Also it feels peaceful to know that it's ok to be the unenlightened fool that I am because Amida has my back with is vow.

I post this to show that even when one lectures about the way of the Nembutsu, it doesn't mean they are enlightened. They are still a fool like myself and I hope you stay on the path of the Nembutsu and if you leave it you come back so you can escape the Samsara.

No comments:

Post a Comment