Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Monkey mind should be ignored

Half of the problem, or maybe even most of the problem with an unenlightened mind is the 'monkey mind'. The part of our brain that won't shut up. It can lead us on endless wild goose chases like I have mentioned before. The monkey mind is the enemy of faith in Amida Buddha. It keeps me wanting to explore and not trust in the Buddha, It tells me there is ways I can be enlightened in this life despite my karma. The monkey mind likes to keep you confused and scared but also full of hope that you can become a buddha here and now, which is false.

There is ways to quite the monkey mind.....

-Meditation - It works. It helps. It's not perfect though. Your monkey mind may be suppressed and easier to ignore, but it's still there and gets louder when you don't keep up your practice.

-Booze - Drinking shuts your mind up, but drinking too much or too often isn't good for your health.

-Nembutsu and forget - What does this mean? It means don't worry about your mind. Know it's tricks and say 'it's ok my mind is telling me that I can save myself and that my cat will die next week because my mind is talking out it's ass and it doesn't speak the truth'. Then say the Nembutsu and smile because Amida Buddha has got your back.

Namo Amida Butsu

No comments:

Post a Comment