Friday, November 13, 2015

Don't worry about the Pureland not being exciting

The Pureland sounds great. Becoming Buddhas, eternal bliss, free of delusion and destructive passions, etc. But why, you might say, am I not excited about it? Because we are unenlightened. Something so wonderful as the Pureland seems 'ok' to us who are stuck in the samsara. We enjoy our passions and delusion here in this life, so this 'fairy tale' place we will visit after we die sounds 'ok' compared to a movie and a nice drink. And that's all right. Don't feel bad that you don't lust after the Pureland. I sure don't. I like my video games and scotch too much to want to die right now and go to the Pureland, but I do get peace in the back of my unenlightened mind that when I do die, hopefully many years from now (because I like it here more then the Pureland), that I will go to the Pureland and become enlightened. Maybe I will look back and see how foolish I was to not lust after such a beautiful place.

Namo Amida Bu

No comments:

Post a Comment