Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Who am I?

You may ask who is this guy who tells me what I should think about Amida. Well to be honest I am not much. And by that I mean I am not a long time follower of Amida. I am not a priest or a scholar of the sutras. I am just a chap who is happy that he finally has peace about his path and can chill out and be content knowing that he can rely on the vow of the Amida Buddha to lead me to his Pureland where I can hang out as a Buddha.

What's not to like about that?

Well you know what, I can understand why a person might not like that, because there have been many times where I would have said that sounds lame. I followed many a path that promised enlightenment or for my dreams to come true or just simply to be at peace. None of them delivered. Maybe for a time they did, but in the long run, not so much.

I have been a Christian, Zen Buddhist, Neo Pagan, Noahide, Gnostic and Deist. I have explored Islam, Hindu thought and the occult. While I must admit I did learn much from my journeys, none of them lead to the peace I desired. Why? Well that is a good question and I will love to cover that in future posts, but for now I will say they always seemed to want to trade. This for that. We give you this, you give us that....

Now I don't mean in a material way, but in a spiritual way. I know many will say this is not so, but it was my experience. It is also my experience that the only path that offered everything in return for NOTHING is the endless compassion of Amida Buddha and his Nembutsu.

Namo Amida Butsu

No comments:

Post a Comment