Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My monkey mind

I always prided myself on my practice of meditation and other techniques that let me control my mind. I won't lie, the techniques can work, but I still had a 'monkey mind' even if I try and deny it.

"Do meditation with me, it will help you." I would tell everyone. And I am not saying there is no benefit, but there is no enlightenment there either. You still have a monkey mind and are unenlightened, even if you meditate all day, every day. It's better to be honest with yourself and meditate for the benefit (as many do) that it can provide and not for any higher ideal of enlightenment or making yourself better, because your karma is always there to prevent your enlightenment in this age of Dharma decline.

I actually find my mind is pretty peaceful now and I don't even meditate anymore. I just do the Nembutsu and I know that my monkey mind is ok, because it's my karma and the way I am. I know there is people with a worse monkey mind then me...way worse....so I am just happy I only have to deal with what I have. It's ok when your mind runs off, because the Nembutsu has you covered. The Amida Buddha in all his infinite compassion has you covered, monkey mind and all.

Namo Amida Butsu

No comments:

Post a Comment